Saturday, September 10, 2011

Small Birds

SOLD
Cardinal Pair
Image 5 x 4 Framed 8 1/2 x 7 1/2
Acrylic on canvas panel
The great thing about canvas panels is that they can be cut into various sizes even more easily than hardboard.  I found these pretty, little frames, but 5 x 4????  Not a standard size!  Just cut an 8 x 10 panel in pieces and problem solved!  There wasn't glass in the frames, so paper would have required paying more for the glass than I did for the frames.  Yay Acrylic!  No glass required!

I have generally painted Cardinals against a snowy background.  I love seeing their brilliant color in the winter.  Thought I'd try something different....


 



SOLD
Robin Family
5 x 5 Acrylic on 1" thick stretched canvas
Robins are early arrivals around here.  I sometimes see really large flocks of them munching berries in Hackberry trees when they get here a bit ahead of much available food.  Later when those hungry babies arrive, they busily find plenty of available food for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment