SOLD
Blue Heron
Blue Heron
10 x 8 Acrylic on Canvas Panel
One of the things I like about acrylics is the ability to paint a habitat and then decide what animal to place into the scene. Sometimes I'd rather not have too much planning before painting. Seems more organic to just let the painting grow...certainly not always a good idea, but sometimes....
We have had blue herons hang out down at our pond periodically. My lovin' hubby doesn't like them because he says they eat the minnows that could feed big fish, also the reason for turtle eradication. I kinda like 'em. When we go down to the river below Pensacola Dam, herons and egrets are just everywhere along the bank. As Larry drifts along fishing, I try to get good photos before they fly off. Once again, I think Mother Nature has mismatched the sound with an animal. A beautiful bird with a long, graceful neck should not make a sound reminiscent of a very lengthy, disgusting belch. It's just wrong!

No comments:
Post a Comment