Sold
Spring Stream
20 x 16 Acrylic on canvas panel
My last posting requesting rain didn't work, so I'm trying again....internet rain dance! Remember the wet, wet, wet Spring we had? We had one here at least. The horses were knee deep in mud in the lot, and forget about cleaning up any muck. Then the switch was flipped, and it got hot and dry. Sounds strange when it was 95 degrees out today, but it has cooled off. Now please, please, PLEASE rain!
This painting harkens back to the spring rains that caused running water in the fields. I like the wandering stream, but it looked kind of empty without the bird. The heron is watching for fish that have escaped in the pond overflow. I'm working on a painting that features sunlight through trees and a waterfall. Because I made strong diagonals in the same direction, there's no real focal point. The spousal unit really likes the painting. I explained the compositional issue, and he said, " So....what? If I came across this scene out somewhere, I should get a bulldozer and reroute the waterfall?"
"Yeah, that's it."
All I can say is that if I still have it after the first of the year, it's one painting that will probably be a "do over," and you may never see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment