Sold
Autumn Field
24 x 16 Acrylic on hardboard panel
The highs are still in the nineties, which is preferable to temps in the 100's, but I'm ready for Fall. This scene is an overlook from the road a mile or two from here. It doesn't look quite the same now because a man has decided he likes the view too and is building a little house there. I suppose it's just as well that I live in a place with such a variety of temperature extremes...gives me something to complain about. The days are coming when I'll be whining about getting out early in the cold, dark morning to break ice on drinking water for the animals. Then I'll be painting sunny, summer scenes looking forward to warmer weather. Painting on hardboard is certainly different from painting on canvas. The surface is so smooth that the paint really slides around. It is easier to get fine lines, but
dry brushing doesn't break up so much.
dry brushing doesn't break up so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment